Main Force Patrol Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SECTOR 26 General Discussion

+3
rain401
Dux
Backcracka
7 posters

Go down

SECTOR 26 General Discussion Empty SECTOR 26 General Discussion

Post by Silvabakrev 28th March 2015, 11:52 pm

Quick run on the server after work this morning and it run really smooth.

F1 console - some of the admin features work well
F2 - adjust area for sounds etc...
F3 - adjusted 1st/3rd player view for me, although another player on said it did nothing for him?

Had a guy break into my house, so stabbed him to death lol, then discovered the V key is default in game voice, so coulda called out friendly?

Did some building testing, works fine, but walls are easily destroyed with weapons, including other players via the player that smashed into my house real quick. Yet to tryout the whole upgrading thing..

Admin panel side of things; easy to add admins/moderators, also add player bans. BUT there are no config files for adjusting anything like airdrops etc... etc... think being experimental the settings must be fairly fixed. Will review again later. Apart from what's mentioned the server is now open for business...

Last edited by Silvabakrev on 29th March 2015, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 3573
Gaming Tag : =mfp= Rev

http://www.mfpclan.com

Back to top Go down

SECTOR 26 General Discussion Empty Re: SECTOR 26 General Discussion

Post by Backcracka 29th March 2015, 9:25 pm

had a quick try of this yesterday. Managed to get on briefly, but PC froze. Was unable to get a server list after that, but the few moments I was on the server looked good. Will attempt again for some caveman mayhem.
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Number of posts : 497
Gaming Tag : Backcracka

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 1st April 2015, 12:03 am

Alright.  Back on my beloved RUST once again ... after some time away and awaiting further development.

My initial thoughts?

Looks gr8.  Sounds gr8.  The new updated UI and crafting system is easy to understand and easy to use.  Like it a lot.  Game definitely feels more refined and nicer with the Unity engine update.  Building is also better that when we all last played it.  Good to see its easy to destroy your own building bits!  Although still some important building parts missing!
Predatory Animals appear dangerous as well.  Good!

However, I expected to see a little more of their features rolled out to client side.  We all know they are working and testing a huge plethora of things.  Rad Towns and Rad AI are under full development .. and pretty close to implementation from I can tell ... but not yet though!    Rev made a good comment.  With the new Unity Engine update and full sever infrastructure re-coded some months back, "They have taken 2 or 3 steps forward, but 1 step back".

I love it ... and the direction they are taking (especially the robot 'Caretaker' idea!)... but I expected a little more content client side.  However, they had too (and still are) chase massive performance improvements for busy, building filled servers .... so the Unity and behind the scenes re-coding was a no brainer.

With Sector 26 being run on the Development wing ... it will be a steady wave of updates and riding the horse of development again.  Will have to see how often Rev has to do the old 'server wipe' updates.  For the uninitiated.  A lot of the smaller updates just need a server reset.  But certain major code specific updates require full server wipes, with a fresh map.

Hold on for the ride!

Last edited by Spriggamortis on 1st April 2015, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2453
Gaming Tag : Spriggamortis

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 1st April 2015, 12:21 am

Deleted and reinstalled this morning. Hopefully this fixed my server list population issue.
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 1st April 2015, 8:54 pm

Server cracks the Aussie top 30 in just a couple days Smile
http://www.gametracker.com/search/rust/AU/?searchipp=50#search

Server title changed, hoping the NPCs addition gets some interest etc...
Will work on Zones plugin ASAP, then trial a hostile NPC zone!...
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 1st April 2015, 10:07 pm

Got it up and running, yay! Needed to delete and reinstall, then it ran no worries
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 4th April 2015, 10:33 pm

Some general stats and news; when I checked last night the server has had 37 different players on it, about 9 were kicked for past vac bans/breaches? lol

At the time of this post the server was ranked 24 on the Aussie gametracker list for activity, so moving up the ranks a little, with a handful of mfp and random players jumping on a few times.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/rust/AU/?searchipp=50#search

Have marked Skorz as a potential future in-game Admin (to join Spriggy in the role), when/if the server population grows. At this stage I'll mostly be an in-game and developer Admin, although would like to also have a little house somewhere in the wilderness when I put my general player hat on, eventually...

Testing continuing with NPC's, have rebuilt one, to add some more as I rebuild the safe zone town, currently being named 'Little River' and yet to get the Zone messages/setups happening, still testing though.

Little River, Has some buildings built with more to come, some to be placed in a 'red light' district/laneway:
The Governors House, with a visitors room where you can leave gifts like food and clothing for players stopping by, note only in-game items will be left here, no admin specials sorry lol
The Trentstone Hotel, is up and has some rooms available should any noobies to the server want one let me know and I'll sort you a room and door code.
The Sashbagology Church, is up and seeking new members, who believe that when the Lord Sashbags returns, he will release the Kraken and ravage the earth of all disbelievers! Pants are optional and in fact discouraged at all church services.
Little River now also has a Nudist Beach for those keen to get a little sunshine on their tackle in public.

As is the way with sandbox games feel free to role play a little as you go. I've given myself a Governors appointment Smile Other Admins like Spriggy we might give a 'Judge' title, Skorz 'Magistrate', some VIP players random titles like Loony 'Mad Scientist', Backcracka 'The Doctor' etc...
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 4th April 2015, 11:00 pm

Haha. Can you build me a clinic at Little River? No rub and tugs
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 5th April 2015, 1:28 am

Decided to build another communal Lighthouse.  Currently playing with a design @work.  With the current available floor shapes ... its hard to get a small footprint complete round base, that allows the current stair system to work.  You can get one .. but its quite big in diameter.  The small design I'm working on is more tear-drop.

Will build it around the current Little River Lake, prob on sand bank on eastern side.  Want to find an efficient and small footprint build, to allow a quicker construction on new Map seeds, after wipes.

Will start tonite.  MMMM.  Spriggy the Lighthouse Keeper has a nice ring to it! Wink
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dux 5th April 2015, 1:54 am

Had a good explore last night. I went way up north, not a lot there but snow and a few tiny valleys, might be a hang out for the woodsman later. Snow jacket and basic clothes keep you warm all day, but it gets cold at night. You can't sleep in the snow as you will die when you're logged out.

I started building a highly unstable lake house a few days ago, but I'm going to have to redesign as the roof keeps falling down. It will be interesting to see if decay works on the old house. Otherwise I might have to see if you have an admin destructo tool rev.
Dux
Dux
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1

Number of posts : 450
Gaming Tag : Dux

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 5th April 2015, 2:03 am

Make sure you use pillars.  Keeps the house more stable.  You can build without them to a certain degree, but with less building physics stability.

Yeh .. The Woodsman thought about building a hunters shack out in the snow.  Will have to wait till I get warmer clothes.  Will do a trial survival in snow biome only after I finish the lighthouse. Hopefully animals still frequent the snow biome .. else I'll get very skinny!
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dux 5th April 2015, 3:32 am

If you want me to make a snow jacket it's 150 cloth. Not sure if anyone has a snow pants blueprint, I think if you had both you'd be able to survive the nights without fire.

Little thing I noticed today, if you go into the desert with snow clothes you get a too hot status. Pretty cool.
Dux
Dux
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 6th April 2015, 1:11 am

Rev:
Found this under Rust Community Update #34 up at the official site.  Helpful android tool for admins.  I'll cut and paste below.

A New Sheriff In Town

It’s always amazing to see the community come up with specific solutions to problems we didn’t really consider. In this case, the maker of Rusty Sheriff – Rust RCON Tool has taken the task of creating a server controller for Android devices, so any server owner can commit admin abuse help out players on their server from the comfort of their toilet. It works with both versions of the game, and though there’s been a few bugs in the past, the developer is active on the Facepunch forums. The feature list is pretty extensive.

Link: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1454840&p=47346203&viewfull=1

Also, started the trial community lighthouse. Started slow with some test building .. but I think I got it down pat now. Bit slow with putting in posts and upgrading them to wood as well ... but will keep it more solid. Prob not needed though. Not sure. Will continue on it tonite.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 13th April 2015, 5:24 am

Revinski:

That recent test I did on a 50 slot server was gr8.  They generated a smaller map with their seed and world size numbers, to suit the smaller population.  With 30 or 40 on .. it felt busy .. but not crazy busy.  Enough resources to go round (sometimes with a bit of mild exploring) ... but you still had to be cautious and have eyes in the back of your head at times Smile  Plenty of chat and interactions.

What am I alluding too??  I think that you don't need to have a 100+ slot server to have a good feeling Rust experience.  IMO, with advent of seed and world size number options ... a 20-50 slot player server could have a map sized to suit .. and still feel busy and enjoyable.

With the new big update ... and a server with decent player numbers to envoke varied human interaction ... the game is starting to feel real good.  Even without AI.

Just food for thought. Cool
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 13th April 2015, 6:55 am

Revinski:

More food for thought.  Very Happy

I think maps such as this seed example .. http://www.playrusthq.com/generated-map/LJNWrHta .. are a good procedural design for navigating and building.

One big central water way or lake.  If you get lost, just run around the shore.  You'll eventually do circles.  Touches all 3 biomes by some degree.  North to South Biome change seems standard.  Also nice large central biome of forests/fields.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by rain401 13th April 2015, 7:19 am

played on a biome very simular to this last night.
was annoying as fu**
got a shit spawn by the mountain, had to swim around the thing nearly dieing 7 to 8 times, swam across to the northern side to get away from the mmountain and was faced with cliff faces all along the beach and couldnt get up, when i finally got to an area that i could i was killed by a bear.
rain401
rain401
Major
Major

Number of posts : 1170
Gaming Tag : [mfp] Rain401

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 13th April 2015, 7:42 am

rain401 wrote:played on a biome very simular to this last night.
was annoying as fu**
got a shit spawn by the mountain, had to swim around the thing nearly dieing 7 to 8 times, swam across to the northern side to get away from the mmountain and was faced with cliff faces all along the beach and couldnt get up, when i finally got to an area that i could i was killed by a bear.

Roger that.  Good points.  The possible saving grace in the above example, are the 4 or 5 small crossing areas where the lake greatly narrows.  I suppose I'd also have to have a similar experience as you to get a proper feel for it.  Easy for me to sit back at work and look at a satellite map and make opinions Smile

I have been looking at the different map seeds in relation to navigation.

Cool
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 13th April 2015, 3:44 pm

Started a new MAP thread in this topic, for relevant updates and info.

Wow there are shite loads of map seeds on that site! If our population expands we can slowly increase the size of map we use, till ou pop increases we will keep it tight and of the smaller sizing's. Yet to be tested in game but optimistic the wipe/new map load/links should now be working?.
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 14th April 2015, 3:55 pm

For info the server has logged 60 different player ID's that have been on the server since we opened it. So potential is there to build up some numbers over time.
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 16th April 2015, 9:57 am

Revinski:

I know you can wipe player learnt Blueprints within the server config file. However, are you able to wipe an individual players learnt Blueprints?? If so .. could you wipe mine please. No big deal if you can't. Just gives me little more push in my 'Woodsman' roleplaying on Sector 26.

Cheers
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 16th April 2015, 10:13 am

rgr can wipe your player file, not tested it before though, so when you rejoin you should come back a full blown fresh spawn?..
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 16th April 2015, 10:18 am

Silvabakrev wrote:rgr can wipe your player file, not tested it before though, so when you rejoin you should come back a full blown fresh spawn?..

Cool. Will check when I get home tonight from work .. and report on here. Good for future admin information regardless.

Cheers m8
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashbags 18th April 2015, 9:28 am

getting a wrong connection protocol when trying to connect.
Sashbags
Sashbags
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 790
Gaming Tag : [mfp] Sashbags

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 18th April 2015, 11:40 am

That means the server version and your version are not matching.

I had that issue for a while, check this thread http://www.mfpclan.com/t1150-how-to-access-rust-stable-branch and make sure you have the stable selected.

Did a steam update on the server just now, in case a patch has kicked in and you have updated ahead of it. so the server is updated now as long as you are updated client/steam side and you are on the stable selection as mentioned above you should be able to get in okay.
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 19th April 2015, 11:18 am

'Wake Island' Traders Post now built. Test design.
On the hill overlooking the Lighthouse and Castle Silvabak
Unlocked Message Boards inside for players to advertise or other shinanegans Smile

Any feedback welcome.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by rain401 20th April 2015, 4:51 am

Ok come one come all, when i am on i am taking payment for a ride i have created called "the Stuart Diver experiance". what is involved you ask.
Well first i put 10 wood in some campfires than i lock you in a cave, the timer starts from when the lights go out and you have to stay in their for 3 days.

10 wood per turn, located at the southern point of the map in the shadow of the hill.
rain401
rain401
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 20th April 2015, 6:15 am

rain401 wrote:Ok come one come all, when i am on i am taking payment for a ride i have created called "the Stuart Diver experiance". what is involved you ask.
Well first i put 10 wood in some campfires than i lock you in a cave, the timer starts from when the lights go out and you have to stay in their for 3 days.

10 wood per turn, located at the southern point of the map in the shadow of the hill.

Bahaha LMAO HaHaHa
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 22nd April 2015, 7:11 am

Had an issue yesterday - all the internal wooden floors in my man cave collapsed overnight. Logged in, asleep on the cave floor. No worries - but unfortunately my bed, furnaces, chest and cabinet were all in the wooden part of my floor. All gone. Didn't have the heart to rebuild, so I put a chest out the front with the keys in it and a sign on the door saying "free base". The two entrances are fully armoured, and there are some stone stairs/floors inside.

Feel free to move in if it's still unclaimed!

Set up a new base closer to the action Smile
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by rain401 22nd April 2015, 7:19 am

Also have noticed my floors are loosing health dunno what's happening
rain401
rain401
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 22nd April 2015, 9:00 am

yeah I've lost a couple of steps? they must have tweaked degrading and/or stability last patch?
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 22nd April 2015, 10:28 am

Decay introduced last patch .. but already a few inconsistancies.  Already tweaked to fix a few issues in Dev Branch.  As usual, we'll need to wait for the weekly update.  My small place was about 20 hit points down on my stone foundations in 24 hours.  500 points on stone.  You figure it out.  25 days? Wont be acurate though.

Some good new info on recent changes up at Rustafied.com.  

Heres the most recent comment on the new Decay system.  Still not 100% clear atm though.

Decay tweaks

Yesterday’s update featured the first iteration of decay system. Although Garry didn’t get into the specifics, decay works by slowly taking away health from foundations (requiring you to repair with your hammer). As expected, reports of the decay system fu***ng up started rolling in within hours of the update. One of the biggest issues pointed out was foundations below stairs and blocks are not accessible to be repaired. Garry has done some tweaks this morning, making it so landlocked blocks don’t decay. He released these changes in a small patch about 2 hours ago and, so far, things seem to be working well.

Another weird thing is the rate of decay appears to vary between different blocks, people, and servers. I built a stone test house last night after the wipe and, as of this morning, the foundations had only lost a couple of health points (although some blocks lost more health than others). Other people have reported their whole house disappearing within a matter of hours. It’s not clear at the moment if this is caused by intentional design, conflicts with a mod, not doing a fresh wipe with the update, or something else entirely.

As with all new systems, decay is going to have to be tweaked and balanced over the next several weeks before it’s fully doing it’s job as intended.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dux 22nd April 2015, 11:14 am

Reducing decay on landlocked blocks? So I should put half blocks over all foundations? Razz
Dux
Dux
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 23rd April 2015, 2:27 am

Jumped on after not being on yesterday. So that was prob after about 36hrs.
Again, only foundations decay (stone) .. and not much was down to between 468-480. Quick few wacks a fixed.
Cheeked the all wood trading post. Some foundation were still in the 200's (max 250), few around 180-ish. Few wacks with hammer and fixed. Nothing else degraded.

Didn't notice anything buggy, other than the current issues listed by the devs.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 24th April 2015, 2:41 am

Rust update is available Smile
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 24th April 2015, 4:40 am

Backcracka wrote:Rust update is available Smile

Cool. But its likely Sector 26, wouldn't have been updated yet, at the time of this post. Also .. Steam no longer has an option, at least for games in the beta category like RUST, to let you online to play RUST without updating 1st (if one is available).
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashbags 25th April 2015, 7:50 am

some issue has put all the window bars in perpendicular to the frames... very annoying
Sashbags
Sashbags
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 790
Gaming Tag : [mfp] Sashbags

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 25th April 2015, 8:28 am

Sashbags wrote:some issue has put all the window bars in perpendicular to the frames... very annoying

So guessing, server has already been updated by Rev?  Nice.   If so .. last weeks update wasn't ready for our server until Monday.

Quote from Rustafied on window problem.

Window bars askew

One weird thing you'll notice if the server you play on didn't wipe yesterday is window bars are skewed 90 degrees, now perpendicular with the window sill. This makes for some funny looking houses and is kinda a pain in the ass. According to Garry, this is caused by windows being bugged on old saves. He says it's not worth fu***ng with right now, might as well deal with it till the forced wipe next week.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 26th April 2015, 3:11 am

Spriggy thinking aloud

@work.  Have been thinking of another future persona /roleplay I can experiment with in new RUST.  Only ever played TheWoodsman.  The server isn't busy at this time, so experimenting is keeping me busy Smile

So .. 'DirtySpriggy' will soon fresh spawn on the shores of Sector 26, with the aim of starting the Wake Island Sheriffs Department [WISD], from the ground up.  My DirtySpriggy persona has been thrown around b4, within the clan, in other games (Arma 3 Altis life etc), but never really got off the ground.  So will start it here!

Jumping on this arvo after work .... will destroy my old collected resources .... committing suicide ... and starting from scratch, rock in hand, as DirtySpriggy.   Other than my current learnt Blueprints ... I will have to gather and build from scratch Smile  I envisage this persona to encompass numerous tasks and goals, which will keep me engaged in-game, force contact with other players and give the Sector 26 server a broader gameplay scope.  

How??   I'm planning:

- Sector 26 Island security patrols and attend relevant player calls-for-help.
-  Now that you can paint signs, will be able to post up 'Wanted Signs' at the WISD office for all manner of players DI  Offer rewards etc.  Will also give the players something to engage in if the server isn't really busy.  ie The old Cops n Robbers Smile  I can see DirtySpriggy having a few run-ins with Rain! Evil or Very Mad Marine
- Future employment for new Deputies.
- Build the WISD office to allow for public access/front desk on lower floor, separate floors/holding cell/armoury etc.  
- The WISD can work as a small, 1 or 2 player outfit or large outfit.  Could hypothetically expand on a busy server with different floors housing different areas.  eg Warrant Officers / General Duties /Quartermaster Armoury.  WOs would execute warrants and locate baddies (Detective equivalents).  GDs would do general patrols.  QM would be gathering resources/making repairs and station upkeep/making ammo/keeping general stock etc.
- Keep the feel of it halfway between the old west and modern Policing.  Funnily enough .. similar to the MFP in Mad Max Smile hehe DI

Game On!

#EDIT#  Actually .... I won't suicide .. I'll treat this as a new business opportunity and the Woodsman is trying his hand at a new profession and starting from anew Smile Smile  Another bloody move!! Shocked Rolling Eyes Cool
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 26th April 2015, 8:32 am

haha. Sounds like fun Smile When's the server wipe?

If I follow the same theme, can I be "Dirtycrack"?
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 26th April 2015, 10:36 am

Dirtycrack lol LMAO
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Graphic 26th April 2015, 10:39 am

HaHaHa
Graphic
Graphic
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 1034
Gaming Tag : =mfp= graphic

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 26th April 2015, 11:46 am

If I was Dirtycrack, we'd definitely need a server "wipe"
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 2nd May 2015, 12:18 am

Revinski:

If you haven't already, you may need to check if another small server update is needed.  Reports of resource nodes spawning under water, therefore causing lack accessible nodes.   If so, no need for server wipe .. Gary has a console command to remove all nodes.  Latest info at you know where ....

http://www.rustafied.com/
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 2nd May 2015, 4:12 am

Spriggamortis wrote:Revinski:

If you haven't already, you may need to check if another small server update is needed.  Reports of resource nodes spawning under water, therefore causing lack accessible nodes.   If so, no need for server wipe .. Gary has a console command to remove all nodes.  Latest info at you know where ....

http://www.rustafied.com/

Verified on Reddit.  All nodes eventually respawning at bottom of ocean, leaving none on land. http://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/34hokx/stone_nodes_spawning_on_the_bottom_of_the_ocean/

Gary twittered Small patch update to Fix issue.  http://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/34j0ii/rock_and_code_lock_hotfix/

@work so can't verify. Imagine small server side and client side steam patch to download.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvabakrev 2nd May 2015, 7:59 am

Yeah another small patch come through, updated the server..
Silvabakrev
Silvabakrev
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 3rd May 2015, 10:30 am

Built another Goat Trail up the back of the rocky SW mountain.  Takes players up to 'Suicide Bluff' Very Happy

Just follow around the back of the mountain from the desert side (East side).  You'll find the entrance.

Trading Post also rebuilt on the new Four Lands map.  On the hill, overlooking the bay area, NW of Lighthouse/ Revan Island.  Can be seen from Lighthouse.
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Backcracka 12th May 2015, 6:09 am

Might have a few visitors on Sector 26 over the next few days. Dropped the word to some mates at work who play Elite Dangerous with me but, like us, enjoy a wide variety of games like Rust.

Hopefully have some hectic server traffic Razz
Backcracka
Backcracka
Warrant Officer Class 2
Warrant Officer Class 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spriggamortis 14th May 2015, 1:36 pm

Rev

Found this link in at the official RUST website.

http://playrust.io/#

Gr8 little site.  Gary RUST twitter updates on the left .. excellent server searcher in main window.  More accurate map generated with this site, showing lanmarks and bridges etc.  Heres current SECTOR 26..

http://map.playrust.io/?Procedural%20Map_2000_1038837760#SECTOR%2026%20%7C%20Four%20Lands%20Map%20%7C%20mfpclan.com
Spriggamortis
Spriggamortis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down